The favorite pastime of preschool children on the street is sandboxing. And how to create something like a street sandbox at home? In 1991, two Swedish engineers came up with a substance for games at home that was slightly different from ordinary sand, and at the same time safe. They called their invention kinetic sand because it was slightly different from the usual.
98% of kinetic sand consists of ordinary quartz sand, and the remaining 2% is a harmless silicone polymer, which is used as a food additive. Due to the high content of quartz, kinetic sand has a sandy color (manufacturers also offer colored) and a porous viscous consistency different from natural sand. This consistency allows you to form a variety of shapes.
Kinetic sand is an excellent hypoallergenic material for the development of children's creative abilities. Its main advantages are that it does not dry out, does not require special storage conditions, it does not develop bacteria, it is easy to collect and so on. Under the supervision of an adult, a child can play with sand from the age of one and a half.
Therefore, we decided to offer you ideas for educational games with him, thanks to which the child will develop tactile sensitivity, speech, fine motor skills, creativity, will harmonize the emotional state, because such games have a therapeutic effect. In addition, through sand lessons you can study animals, colors, letters, numbers, elementary mathematical categories "more or less – equal" and so on.
1. Make a figurine.
Kinetic sand holds its shape very well. Therefore, the usual game "pasochki" is perhaps the most popular among all possible.
2. Draw / blind the sun.
On the surface of the sand with a stick you can draw something individual or even a whole picture. For example, talk about the weather, blindfold or draw a sun or a cloud and raindrops. Talk about the seasons and what weather phenomena are typical for spring, summer, autumn and winter.
3. One, two, three ...
Whoever glued several pasochki / figures has the right to know how many he glued them. In this way you will help the child to master the account.
4. More or less
Did the child build two towers? And which one is bigger? And which is smaller? Are they the same? How do we see it? Numo let's measure.
We also learn the concept of length. They built something of different lengths, took Lego bricks, or drew pieces of different lengths. Let the child compare.
6. Geometric shapes
An adult sculpts a figure, such as a ball. Suggests that the child blind the same. Then you can think together what objects around us look like a ball. You can prepare pictures if the child is still difficult. Repeat the same with other geometric shapes.
7. Geometric shapes.
Show in the pictures different geometric shapes - circle, square, triangle, rectangle. And then on the sand draw a house of geometric shapes. Ask your child to count how many shapes you have drawn, compare which circle is the smallest, and so on.
By studying a letter, you can draw it on the sand, and then glue, and then glue something that begins with this letter.
With the help of kinetic sand, you can teach a child to use a knife. Have you made a cake / cake? Now offer to cut with a toy knife (or take a table, but do not leave unattended) into several pieces. Will the treat be enough for all the relatives / favorite toys of the baby?
10. My world
With the help of kinetic sand, you can equip a touch box with your baby's favorite things, with which he will build his world. These can be pebbles, sticks, chestnuts or shells brought from the sea, as well as small toys - cars, Lego bricks, animals, human figures and more.
11. Find the treasure
Children love to rummage in the sand, but they will be even more interested if they look for something there. The child turns away, you are hiding something. Then the child returns and finds the hidden. It could be something she doesn't know yet. If he finds it, let him try to describe it by shape, color, etc. Then you will also have the development of speech.
12. Whose footprints level the
sand. Make prints with a toy lying next to it. Let the child guess which one.
Kinetic sand is ideal for role-playing games in the kitchen. Put the pan in the middle and imagine that you are cooking borscht or soup together. Tell us about the ingredients. Let the child fold, then pour on plates and treat guests (toys).
Level the sand. Use a fork to draw the road on which the kid will go by the typewriter.
15. I am an archaeologist
Tell the child who the archaeologist is and what his work is. Explain that there is a job for an archaeologist in his sandbox - to dig up a dinosaur. Before that, bury the toy in the sand and offer a brush for excavation.
5 Blog posts