Every construction project has equipment that can be complex, and the asphalt distributor is certainly no different. Ponder the many components required to assemble an asphalt distributor and learn how knowing how they fit together can help you during set-up and throughout a long project.
What is the Asphalt Distributor?
An asphalt distributor is a machine that spreads asphalt over a surface. It is one of the most complex equipments used in seal coat construction work. The asphalt distributor has several parts that work together to spread the asphalt evenly.
The Benefits of an Asphalt Distributor
There's no substitute for a professional asphalt distributor when it comes to asphalt distribution work. Here are some of the benefits of using an asphalt distributor in your seal coat construction work:
1. Increased Efficiency: With an asphalt distributor, you can more easily manage your materials and minimize the chance of waste. This is because an asphalt distributor automates the process of distributing asphalt evenly throughout a structure.
2. Reduced Labor Hours: Automated asphalt distribution systems reduce labour hours by up to 80%. In addition, this technology also eliminates the need for special skills and knowledge when working with asphalt.
3. Enhanced Safety Precautions: An efficient and automated asphalt distribution system can help ensure a safe work environment by incorporating safety safeguards, such as operability monitoring and fail-safe operating systems.
If you're looking to make your seal coat construction project faster and easier, and an asphalt distributor is a perfect tool for the job.
Why the Asphalt Distributor Is an Effective Piece of Equipment
The asphalt distributor is the most complex equipment used in seal coat construction work. It is responsible for transferring materials pneumatically and then distributing the fabric over the surface to be coated. The asphalt distributor has several moving parts that create an effective seal between the material and the coating.
The asphalt distributor consists of an idler wheel, a pump, a high-pressure hose, a spray gun, and the coating material. When activated, the idler wheel pulls material from the tank and pumps it into the spray gun. This forces the material through the spray gun and out the other end. The spray gun sends a fine mist through the high-pressure hose and onto the surface to be coated. This process continuously transfers material to form a protective seal on the surface.
An asphalt distributor is an effective tool because it can dispense large quantities of material quickly and evenly. It also creates a durable seal between the coating and material that prevents water from seeping through. If you are working on a project that requires sealing surfaces with asphalt, make sure you have an asphalt distributor on hand to help make the process easier and more efficient.
The Components of an Asphalt Distributor
An asphalt distributor is the most complex equipment used in seal coat construction work. It helps to distribute the sealant evenly over the surface. This is essential to creating a smooth, glossy finish. Here's a look at the different components that make up an asphalt distributor:
1) Blower: This device directs air into and out of the Distributor. The more air that is sent into the Distributor, the more powerful the blower becomes. This helps to disperse the sealant evenly.
2) Pumps: The pumps help to control and direct the flow of fluid throughout the Distributor. They are also responsible for conveying material from one area to another.
3) Tube System: The Tube System transports material from one area of the Distributor to another. It also provides a pathway for air to enter and exit the Distributor.
4) Differential Driveline: The differential drive allows for different speeds while distributing sealant across a large area. This helps ensure that all surface areas receive an even coating of sealant.
How to Perform Maintenance on an Asphalt Distributor
To keep your asphalt distributor running smoothly, it is important to perform regular maintenance. Follow these steps for a basic overview of how to perform maintenance on an asphalt distributor:
1) Check the oil level. Automotive-grade engine oil should be present in the reservoir if the Distributor has been operating recently. Adding more oil will not necessarily help if the fuel mix is contaminated or water has entered the engine.
2) Clean the parts that contact the asphalt using a solvent and a brush. Use cleaning agents that are specifically formulated for this type of equipment, such as acetone. Be sure to remove all debris, paint, and grease before re-applying the coating.
3) Check general belt conditions and adjust as necessary. Belts can stretch over time and may need adjustment or replacement. Ensure no foreign objects are located in or around the belt path.
Troubleshooting a Sealcoat Construction Work Site with an Asphalt Distributor
A few things can go wrong on a seal coat construction site with an asphalt distributor. This blog post will discuss some troubleshooting tips to help get your site back up and running.
If you're having problems with your asphalt distributor, don't worry - there are usually simple solutions. The first step is to check the machine's oil level and filter. If the oil is low or the filter is clogged, the asphalt distributor won't work, and you'll see decreased production and increased pollution. Make sure to change the oil and filter regularly - typically every 10-15 working hours.
If you see dust or dirt flying off the asphalt when it's being distributed, that means the machine is out of balance or jammed. Try adjusting the weight (or number) of bags of sand or gravel that are being used to weight down the asphalt supply pipe. If that doesn't solve the problem, you may have to contact someone for assistance - an experienced mechanic may be able to fix your Distributor without needing to replace it.
After reading the article, "The Asphalt Distributor Is The Most Complex Piece Of Equipment Used In Seal Coat Construction Work," it is easy to see why this piece of equipment is so important in the construction industry. The asphalt distributor plays a vital role in the seal coat process by distributing and mixing the ingredients necessary for the coating to adhere to the surface. Proper use of this equipment can prevent many problems such as improper adhesion, excess heat generation, and wrong dosage.